Holy person Andrew's Cathedral is an Anglican church in Singapore, the nation's biggest house of God. It is situated close City Hall, MRT Interchange in the Downtown Core, inside the Central Area in Singapore's focal business region. It is the Cathedral church of the Anglican Diocese of Singapore and the mother church of her 26 wards and more than 55 assemblies here. The logo of the Cathedral is the St Andrew's Cross. The Year 2006 imprints the 150th Anniversary of the St Andrew's Church Mission since 1856.
The arrive on which the house of prayer stands was distributed by Sir Stamford Raffles in 1822 for the siting of an Anglican church, in any case, development did not start until assets were brought by the group up in 1834. The congregation was named Saint Andrew after the benefactor holy person of Scotland out of appreciation for the Scottish people group who had given to the building reserve.
The primary Saint Andrew's Church was planned by George Drumgoole Coleman in the neo-traditional style. The establishment stone was laid on 9 November 1835, and the building built by 1836. The primary church administration was led on 18 June 1837 by the principal pastor, Reverend Edmund White, and the congregation was blessed on 10 September 1838 by Bishop Daniel Wilson of Calcutta.
The development of a moment church was started by the then senator William Butterworth. Colonel Ronald MacPherson, the Executive Engineer and Superintendent of convicts, planned the new church in the Gothic Revival style. The tower was initially intended to be double the tallness of the manufactured tower and without a tower, however amid the development, it was found that establishment may not bolster such a substantial structure, and a lighter tower was utilized. The arrangement was likewise streamlined with the goal that it might be all the more effectively worked by the Indian convict workers ordinarily utilized as a part of building development in early Singapore. John Bennet was the architect in charge of the development.
The current house of God was composed in a Neo-Gothic engineering style, and was done with Madras chunam. The planner is said to have drawn motivation for parts of the outline from Netley Abbey, a demolished thirteenth century church in Hampshire, England. The docks of the nave of Saint Andrew's intently take after the surviving wharfs at Netley.